- Lieu : London, ON
The Operations Manager is responsible for the management of warehouse facilities, inventory control, product distribution and logistics operations in the day-to-day activities of Catalys Lubricants Inc. He/she contributes to the development and implementation of systems and objectives for the company. He/she also provides leadership, development and is a source of motivation and support to the group in order to maximize performance. He/she is instrumental in implementation of a “Lean Manufacturing and a Continuous Improvement” philosophy within the workplace.
· Subscribe to a culture of continuous improvement through collaboration and effective communication;
· Lead by example, establishing clear expectations and objectives;
· Participate in the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of operational processes and strategies;
· Prepare and propose components to the annual operating and capital budget;
· Manage areas of responsibility to align with budget objectives;
· Use, maintain, and develop of KPI’s and other reporting tools as required;
· Ensure effective management of warehouse, handling and distribution expenses;
· Utilize and maintain chain of custody tracking process;
· Optimise logistic and the expediting process;
· Negotiate contracts with operations, logistics and other suppliers within competitive and market price structures;
· Participate in sourcing of products and equipment;
· Ensure the implementation and maintenance of all Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures with supporting documentation;
· Implement, track and maintain of operational policies and procedures along with all required certifications, permits and other related regulatory filings;
· Evaluate policies and procedures on a ongoing basis to maintain best operating practices;
· Establish SMART goals (specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely) for each team member for the target date of each year;
· Coach, mentor and track activities for his/her group throughout the year providing support to facilitate achievement of individual objectives;
· Participate in the recruitment, training and integration of personnel;
· Collaborate closely with the Catalys team, members of other company divisions, and outside partners and suppliers in order to assure high levels of customer satisfaction;
· Possess good mechanical aptitude and problem solving abilities;
· Perform strategic analysis for finished products substitution and/or their equivalence;
· Maintain an effective recycling program;
· Other related activities that may be added to the job description as required.
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Expertise warehouse management (union environment)
- Expertise in procurement, logistic and inventory control;
- Geographic knowledge of the company’s service area;
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing;
- Experience in operations team management;
- Experience with lubricant handling equipment and best practices is an
- Excellent HR and financial management skills;
- WHMIS trained;
- Good mechanical knowledge and aptitude;
- RF gun proficient;
- Experience at P&L responsibility;
- Experience in transportation contracts negotiations;
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word and
- Known for exceeding objectives and goals through team coaching, motivation and leadership;
- Skilled at negotiating, making difficult decisions, influencing others and managing change;
- Expert in analysis, problem solving and management;
- Team player who is comfortable working with different personalities and overcoming communication barriers in order to find solutions;
- Excellent understanding of business, finance and the concept of profit;
- Excellent in communication, presentation, organization and collaboration, as well as interpersonal relations;
- Analytical nature;
- Desire for personal growth and advancement.
Education: A combination of studies and experience in operations management and/or bachelor’s degree in administration, marketing, finance.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience in operations management in manufacturing and/or distribution. Experience of the automotive and industrial lubricants industry is an asset.
Language: Fluent in English, oral and writing
La compagnie offre un environnement propre au développement personnel et professionnel ainsi qu’une rémunération et des avantages sociaux des plus compétitifs.
Si vous êtes intéressé à joindre cette équipe dynamique et que vous possédez les qualifications requises du poste, merci de faire parvenir votre curriculum vitae ainsi qu’une lettre de motivation à email@example.com.
Crevier remercie les personnes qui signifieront leur intérêt en soumettant leur candidature pour ce poste mais avise qu'elle communiquera seulement avec les personnes qui seront retenues pour une entrevue de sélection. Ce poste est ouvert tant aux hommes qu’aux femmes : l’usage du masculin ne sert qu’à alléger le texte.